Invitations! I’m soooooo glad to finally be done with them! For the past month we’ve been analyzing the guest list from every angle to figure out who to invite and who not to invite. In the end, we decided on family and friends. The only drawback to this option is that we each have around 100 family members to invite, which doesn’t leave much room for friends if you are planning on a small wedding.
We eventually decided we’d rather include people and pay less for things like decorations. Even so, there were still people who were cut from the list because – realistically – we can’t invite everyone we know. I’ve decided this is one of the hardest parts of wedding planning. It’s very stressful to worry about all of the people you might offend because they got invited or didn’t get invited.
Yes… people get mad because you invite them to your wedding. Don’t get me started on that.
Anyway, we’re down to the last month and I’m making final decisions about the order of events, specific musical arrangements as well as any other small details still awaiting a decision.
Still on my to-do list?
- Make slideshow of pictures to show at wedding or reception + decide where to show it
- Meet with cake lady to finalize plans
- Meet with the Pastor for one more session of counseling
- Buy paper plates, napkins, silverware for the reception meal, oh, and tablecloths too!
- Print Programs
- Get my wedding band soldered to my engagement ring
- Finalize honeymoon plans
If I think of anything else I’ll let you know. Right now my head is spinning…